Now's the Time

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving is done!

WHEW! One more big holiday left to go! Okay, well maybe two. =)

We had a good time at Will’s brother’s house. Our tenant came too and very much enjoyed it! We had a little bit of a competition between Will & his nephew, a lanky teenager who’s beginning the gothic phase. Will, always respected as the athletic one in the family, was approached by his brother (the host) to race his son (the nephew) up the street. Will thought, ‘Sure, no problem!’ So, they started to run… Much to his surprise, those legs move pretty fast and Will was beat! Now, this can’t be!! So, the challenge was on again – and this time more of the family gathered around to see who would win. He said, “I had no idea!” And another nephew joined in. The race began. The finish line was firm. Everyone was silent. Will ran hard, focused & diligently toward the end of the line, with two close behind… He won. The race was over! And then we all went our separate ways….

Another exciting thing that happened last weekend is we completed another milestone in Rialto – the garage has been cleaned out as much as it will be! YIPPIE! I’m still painting outside, a little every weekend and I must finish this before the Spring semester starts (I know! How many times have I said this now?!). I’m taking 2 classes next semester & I hope to be done or nearly there by then!

Will and I went to a marriage conference three weekends ago and had a great time! The weekend was packed with time in a lecture type room and then date night or topics to discuss related to the lecture. It went well! We still have homework (i.e. things to talk about) and a review to write! The conference was in La Jolla! What a great city! And Will was so happy to discover a Cuban, Caribbean & Puerto Rican restaurant rolled into one! I can’t remember a time when he was so excited to eat! The food was GREAT! And it made the whole weekend even more memorable!

Just a few more weeks left of school. I’m still doing pretty well in class! We have a quiz on Monday, the cumulative vocab test (worth two quizzes) the following Monday and then the final that Wednesday. Almost there!!

Church is still going well too! The landlord of one of the guys in our group became a believer a few weeks ago and she has many questions, understandably! So, we spent a lot of our normal (informal anyway) church time answering those. My lesson on Genesis has been extended now into three weekends (it’s actually been 4, but we were away at the conference). I’m sharing again on Saturday (hoping to wrap up these chapters), in front of many of the landlord’s non-Christian friends, some of the old church & the new church members. This weekend should be interesting!!

As far as work goes, well, they’ve hired an appraiser so things will begin to really change now. And hopefully for the better. The other team member who’s been on family leave for the last 2 months has extended his time away again. So, when / if he returns, this will be quite different. They’re still working to find a senior administrator. And I spent some of my free time last weekend reading appraisals to stay on top of things. Might as well keep the hours up!

My next experiment will be sourdough bread. I'm working on the "starter" right now. Or, should I say, it's working on starting itself right now... =)

Gobble, gobble!!

1 Comments:

  • Hey
    Sorry for spamming, but I really like your writings and wanted to ask you if we could exchange links? Please write me a comment in my blog (my everyday glamour) that has to do a bit with the post *lol* then I know that’s okay for you ;-)
    Hope you’re okay,
    Chililady from Austria

    By Blogger Monika, At 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home