Now's the Time

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What’s new?

Will and I did the 5k run on Sunday with 35,000 other participants! It was a mad house!! People running everywhere!! But, it was thrilling and fun too! The coordinator also allowed us all to come over to her house and refuel with hamburgers, hotdogs, fruit, chips, and cookies!! Very nice!!

Yes, that’s right. Will did end up participating in the run…. As we were working our way toward the starting line, I said to him, “Repeat after me: ‘I will NOT run this race!’” He smiled and changed the phrase around to be non-committal. Then, he tried to “lose me” in the crowd so he could run without guilt…. Normally, I wouldn’t be able to keep up since he is much faster than me, but at walking, he’s no match – not even in a crowd of 35,000! So, he kept looking over his shoulder, disappointed when he saw me there! At the end, he said he only actually ran about a mile of it, and walked the rest. He said his lungs weren’t up to it… I, on the other hand, had only trained to run 2 miles (just didn’t have the guts or time to commit to working toward more beforehand), and did pretty well overall. 46 minutes! This isn’t much slower than when I was in “elite” (for me) shape!

Class is busy and time consuming! My quiz scores are dropping and we can’t let that happen! I’m only allowed to drop two throughout the semester and two were in the 16 and 17 range, out of 20. So, I need to pick it up again!

As far as movies go, he’s still working on finding a new series. I think 24 got old because it was too stressful. Fortunately, the video store is within walking distance…

My sister in law and I are throwing a candle party on the 7th. I’ve invited some friends (still have more to go), but, I’m excited to have a get together at my house! Let me know if you’ll be in the area (Pomona) and would like to come…

Anyway, that’s about it for now.

3 Comments:

  • I'd love to come, just won't be in the Pomona area! Wow, I'd love to run again someday. Tell Will to try Foyle's War (BBC) and Bones, seasons 1 and 2.

    By Blogger Willow, At 10:11 PM  

  • Hey...good to talk to you today. Even if it was in voice mail. I really want to see your Pomona place...I'll have to see how I'm walking in 2 weeks. I think you're going to have to learn to knit...if you're reading 2 knitters blogs. =0)

    By Blogger km, At 1:05 PM  

  • Hello? HELLO?!!! Oh, there you are. =) Update, please.

    By Blogger Kiti, At 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home