Now's the Time

Monday, May 21, 2007

Where is she?

Sorry for you diligent folks who have checked only to find that it’s been almost a month since I’ve updated my blog! Things have been busy (as you probably suspected)!!

First of all, God is to be praised! Will and I have only miraculously been able to see the Rialto house through all the work! God supplied our needs by providing contractors with schedules that were compatible with ours, who do excellent work, and follow through on their commitments! This is a huge praise!! We’ve not stopped either, as we only contracted out what we knew we couldn’t do in the window of time remaining – bathrooms and laundry room. Will and I have rehung dry-wall (he did the measuring, but I provided the arms to hold it up!), lots and lots of painting (we’ve given up on the exterior for now), lots of details (reapplying cabinet latches, applying electrical outlets covers, light fixtures, etc.). I skipped out on work to devote hours to it last week… Well worth the time because it looks great! Much better than it ever has! What’s hilarious is to see all the years this house has seen. We can see the generations peeling with the wall paper and the paint. It’s something to reflect on all the families and people who have occupied and taken care (mostly) of the house since 1947. Crazy!

School is done! Praise the Lord! I believe I did pretty well too… but we’ll find out for sure in a few weeks. Lots of reading and writing the last few weeks, as you already heard. One of the last hiccups I had was determining to skip out on class so that I could prepare for my appraisal training meeting with 3 VPs and real live appraisers (by reading hundreds of pages)… The girl from class I had asked to grab a copy of the 4 papers plus the other reading assignments for me never called or dropped off the paperwork until Monday! Class is on Tuesday night mind you! So Monday came, I had my homework and not the time to read at least 150 pages before the following evening. Graciously, the girl who didn’t connect with me spoke with the professor and asked him if she could take the penalty on my behalf. One of the clearest examples of Christ I’ve seen at Talbot so far!

Appraisal training has also taken a back seat again. I still have some reading to do, but the urgency isn’t there as the “teacher” is out of town right now.

And, this is the most unique part of my update: we have a tenant in Pomona. We have extra rooms in our house and have been talking about renting out to a college student for months now. We ran ads, have received some strange responses (from overseas, a couple of people have asked us to keep our eye out for some $$, deduct the rent, and write them a check for the balance – SCAM!) and then one came along a few weeks ago and Will met with him. His name is Kaaz (pen name). He’s actually not a student, but he’s not really sure what he’s doing yet. He’s considered moving to Pasadena for a while (not sure exactly on the reasoning still) and needed to get out of where he was living because the owners were doing a quick sell of the house to the realtor. Anyway… So, there you have it.

More to come later. Gotta run & get to work. =)

1 Comments:

  • Welcome back! Good to know that you are doing well and keeping busy. Could you send me your new address?
    check my blog-we're moving too!

    By Blogger Willow, At 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home