Now's the Time

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

So, the training for my new position is very extensive! They’ve even made it available to upper management! One VP is teaching and she’s invited another VP and the Director of Credit! They’re giving me actual appraisals (fitting) to review and determine whether we agree with the appraiser &/or reviewer. We are encouraged to read, do the math, and even disagree with the appraiser (who ME?!)! It’s also interesting to see appraisals come in over 200 pages!! WOW!! But, I am excited and I’m pleased to have this very important career move under my belt! I’m also balancing my loan closings WHILE I’m training.

Will and I are doing well. We’re still balancing a lot and there’s not much new on that front. We’re still looking for a church. We have been attending one that he used to go to, but it’s too far to continue for long... We visited one a few weeks ago and we ended up in the traditional service. I love the old hymns, but Will’s not so keen on them. Anyway, so we got a postcard from the church secretary and a follow up call from the pastor’s wife! The postcard had a phrase which intrigued me (especially, as I’m in a class which is discussing church leadership, ordinances, activities, etc.) “If you’re looking for a place to serve, we’d like to help you here.” So, I called the church and left 2 messages, which were not returned (!). When I called a third time, the cleaning staff answered the phone and she shut me down mid-sentence to tell me that she wasn’t the person I should speak to. Key point: I was working on explaining that I was in seminary class on church, and curious to hear more about how they use spiritual gifts… She apparently only got as far as “seminary” and left a note for the church secretary to call me back. So, a few hours later, I get a message from the secretary who says, “What I meant in the postcard was that we believe people who love Christ should be in service within the church somewhere…. We don’t have a paid position open.” WOW!! That wasn’t my point AT ALL!! When I tried to call them back to explain, the kitchen crew answered the phone….

Class is very busy! We’re slammed with paperwork! We’re juggling 3-4 quizzes per night and a ton of reading. Most students say that this is more work than any of their classes. So much for having other commitments!

Anyway, thanks for reading!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home