Now's the Time

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

What’s up Doc??

Spinning off of Deb’s recent Disney post, I guess. I’m definitely not a doctor!

I’m still working hard at work and my weekends are still spent at Rialto painting. I’m more than on my way toward finishing. I estimated it would take me until October at the rate that I’m on… Although, the added pressure of school will soon throw a new element into the mix. As excited as I am about taking Greek, I’m also concerned because it is hard…. I also imagine it’s time consuming.

Things have felt sort of crazy lately in general. Will and I are refinancing and so I was fully expecting to hear from the credit bureaus about an attempt to access my credit. Well, turns out that I was misinformed. Silly me! I guess when one bureau says that share the information you provide with the two other credit bureaus, I should have known it was only the fact that my credit had the potential to be accessed for fraud. A credit institution or thief can get 2 scores without issue. BLAH!! So, that is stressful!

I’m still trying to wrap up reading The Innocents Abroad, choose on decor for Pomona (I’d like to put more time to this!), making a plan and working it… Reading some other health literature…. And one thing that’s surprisingly stressful is confirming that all the receipts from the month match my bank statements. I’m still trying to figure out why this concerns me so much, but I guess I feel like it’s my diligence as a steward. Yeah, that about says it. .

Will’s been enjoying movies & odds and ends around the Pomona house since he’s still limited with his broken foot. He rented the TV series LOST from the video store and it’s hard to tear myself away…. We’re planning a trip to San Diego to see the Dead Sea Scrolls with our church group at the beginning of September. We’re excited for that!

A couple of nights ago, a friend from church invited many to a Mormon Fireside meeting in Mission Viejo. Will and I went with them and had some really fascinating conversations! It’s such a small world. One of the leaders point blankly asked if I was a born again Christian and then sought me out afterwards. He’s been meeting with Craig Hazen and has another event/forum planned for tomorrow night in So. OC. It’s funny to me how these meetings seem to suggest to the average Mormon that we’re all on the same side. It’s the same old story; ‘I don’t know what you Christians are all upset about! The only thing we have that you don’t is a Prophet…’ Whatever!

Olga’s wedding is in a week and a half. I’m meeting with her tonight to help her with some of the last minute details. I remember the CRUNCH!

Anyway, that’s about it. Holding the fort down a few more days and then entering again into the structured world of school….

Take care!

2 Comments:

  • I'm glad you can help Olga and spend a little time with her.

    It sounds like you're really busy!

    What colors are you using in the Rialto house?

    By Blogger Willow, At 10:17 PM  

  • We're actually working to decorate the Pomona place. Too many white walls. =) I'm considering many colors from the spectrum, but I have to coordinate decisions with Will and with what we actually already own (and plan to continue to own). We have a lot of minor projects (nothing like hanging drywall!!).

    Olga's wedding is going to be quite the event!

    By Blogger Life is a Marathon, At 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home