Now's the Time

Thursday, June 07, 2007

On the road again...

We have finished!! YEAH! The house in Rialto looks AWESOME! (If I do say so myself!!) We’re having the internet connected at our house in Pomona so one day (soon!) I’ll be able to post some pictures. The tenants have moved in and say they’re happy there! So are we!!

We’ve been resting up and looking at our house in Pomona, considering what we can do to it. There are MANY white walls and we could use some furniture. But, we don’t want to spend too much; we want to pace ourselves. I’m also concerned that if we don’t get going on something, the summer will be gone and I’ll be tied up again with school. [Did I mention that next semester will be my first full semester of Biblical Greek?!] I also hope to have a House Warming Party in Pomona sometime this summer!

Will and I have been stunned at some of the opportunities God has presented us with the last few weeks. He shared the Gospel with a couple at the pool in the complex. I was encouraging a former Reorganized Latter-Day Saint (a.k.a. Community of Christ member) in their faith in the true Jesus. I was surprised to meet someone outside MO who had so much history there (guess I shouldn’t be) and she was equally surprised to see that I knew ANYTHING about the RLDS group.

Speaking of, God is opening the door for us to go to Utah again with our church in Mission Viejo. We’re really, REALLY excited!! Will and I have been studying up. He’s so eager to learn more and prepare! I’m so blessed watching him!

Work has been SOO busy! I’ve been getting home really late because I’ve been so overwhelmed! There are many people who are unhappy with the turn around time on things. Simply looking at the ratios, it’s easy to see why things take a while. There are only two of us handling ALL the title and appraisal orders. 18:2 (sales to title/appraisal) or 8:2 (loan processors to t/a). For every one interruption (phone call or visit from an anxious person on the transaction), this slows down the process for everyone else. Still, a few people volunteering to help have been an encouragement to me. I have completed the appraisal review training, but I don’t believe I’ll be doing them anytime soon since there is simply too much volume! I also should add it is very beneficial to know SOMETHING when the appraisers call! Two months ago, I had a meeting with management about this and other issues. Next week, I’ll have a follow up to that meeting and I still have responsibilities to tend to in this regard (in addition to having a better attitude!). I (honestly) have been praying about this and seeing results (PTL!)!

Will commented today on how we’re so busy…. I have to confess, I really enjoy being busy and I think he does too. But, we do need to learn to relax more. Will’s watching more movies and I started reading a book called The Innocents Abroad, by Mark Twain (required reading for our trip to Israel, and yet NEVER mentioned). It’s quite hilarious and I often can’t wait to get into it again! I’m also reading a devotional, which I would like to prepare a review on (posting here & on Amazon or something)! I highly recommend a devotional called Going Places with God, by Wayne Stiles. More to come on that later.

Take care and thanks for checking in!!

PS Well, maybe "finished" is a strong word for the Rialto house. We still have some things to do (clean up outside & paint some), but we're done inside. =)

1 Comments:

  • such good news! I'm so glad everything is going so well. Don't you just love finished projects? Congratulations and praise the LORD!

    By Blogger Willow, At 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home