Now's the Time

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Excellent last few weeks!!



So, I got brave and decided that I would bake bread! Why brave, you ask? Well, because as I’ve shared with Willow, I worried about the word “active” in yeast. Why now? Well, every month, for lunch, a group of people at work assemble and try out new recipes, like a potluck. This month was breads and soups. The bread turned out wonderfully; everyone who ate it agreed! It looks like I’ll be braving the world of homemade bread more often… My second try produced BETTER bread than the first time! YUM!

The candle party was also great! We helped my sister in law out a ton & we got some nice stuff also! A small group ended up showing, so it was a nice intimate little band of ladies….

Will and I broke away for our 1st anniversary two weekends (yes, it’s slightly premature as our anniversary was yesterday)! There is a couple at church who own a house in Lake Arrowhead (we’re now wondering about their house with the fires!) and they’ve been making it available to us for a mini-vacation for the last few months. Will went back to work on last week Wednesday and my midterm actually yesterday also (on our anniversary – BOO!), we thought we’d batter take advantage of it before these commitments present a problem. We had a wonderful time! We ate at home, went out to dinner, did 1,000 piece puzzle (we call it our safari since it was a picture of wild animals), went shopping, entertained a lonely Starbucks drive-thru attendant (and she gave us free coffee! SCORE!), watched movies, etc. We walked and talked, biked, admired the homes and the lake, star gazed… it was wonderful!! =)

As I mentioned, I had my midterm yesterday – 25% of my grade! YIKES!! It went well, and I know I missed 2 questions. As I was exiting the classroom, I saw that one of my classmates had a blank test! OUCH!!

And speaking of weddings (well, anniversaries really, but anyway), here's a picture of Will and me at Dana Point after my stepmother's wedding in August. One of my favorites!

We also saw a friend recently. Sharon came back to California for a weekend and we were only able to coordinate a quick visit upon her arrival. It was good times to see her though!!

I’m still doing stuff in Rialto (I really need to get these things done!)… Will’s schedule is different since he now works nights and is even learning a new position! He’s happy though, but we’ll have to be much more intentional about hanging out! There’s also a lot happening at my job… So, the next few weeks will also be off the hook!

And now for some humor… In an email titled “Why Dogs Bite People”, this was included:


That’s all folks! Thanks for checking in. =) Take care!

1 Comments:

  • Just checking in to see if you two are affected by the fires at all.

    Happy Anniversary! And Happy Bread Baking! I knew you could do it.

    By Blogger Willow, At 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home