Now's the Time

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Good day!

Sorry… I’ve been bad about this blogging thing again! Too many things going on.

Namely, I believe I mentioned several months ago that I met up with an old friend who lives in Salt Lake City… a devout Mormon. He got email and, well, let’s just say, he’s not a techie. Suddenly, I started receiving invitations to go for workouts in SLC and a bowling invitation. Fun stuff, but nonetheless, puzzling. Then, one day, I received this e-mail forward from someone I've never met, full of pictures of prominent Mormons leaders and even the picture of what’s-his-face in TX, in chains. The point was that all Mormons aren’t scandalous, like what’s-his-face. I responded with some Scripture passages pointing out that Mormons aren’t true to Christianity or their own history about polygamy… I figured that would be the end of the dialogue - but, I was wrong! I received a 2 full typed-page response arguing some of the more obscure passages in the Bible and an article put out by FAIR responding to the polygamy charge…. 65 pages (including footnotes)! Well, between school, and everything else, I was stunned and haven’t been able to respond, just yet (other than to tell him I received the e-mail and I will respond). Anyway, that’s been one element of our lives lately.

The other is that Will’s back to battle with Costco… Unfortunate circumstances and a bad attitude from some of management has caused some frustration, on all fronts! We’re still working through these issues… at least for the next month.

On a completely different note, I have several birthdays and mothers to acknowledge this month. CONGRATULATIONS all you mommas out there! May God bless you with strength and endurance!

I’m also making some moves now at work. They are still working on my review (sigh) and have committed to doing that sometime this month. I’m praying for the Lord’s will…

Will and I participated in an unusual and yet FUN event recently – a puppet show! The Canada Team did this for a fundraiser. The leaders gave us a couple of CDs and asked us to learn how to “talk” with our hands. That was fun, especially since it was in Spanish! One day, while “rehearsing” I was driving home from work, I received a couple of odd looks and one wave from a stranger. Fun! And, when we showed up for the official rehearsal, I was very surprised to see actual puppets – not just socks – and props! We even had a stage! It was very fun! And a great team building process!

Anyway, the truth of the matter is I have a test in about an hour, and I’m stalling. The last test I received 100% - did you catch that? That’s quite an accomplishment since my prof seems to take great delight in tripping us up! YEAH! So, I better get to that now…. So, thanks for checking in!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home