Now's the Time

Monday, December 31, 2007

Latest on Our Household…

Today is the last day of 2007. Isn’t it amazing?! When I was a kid, I used to think how strange it was that the adults around me complained about how fast a year had come and gone… Now, as an adult, guess what I’m finding & saying? Crazy!!

I made a list of things to do today and so far, I’ve accomplished many of the bigger things. I still have some smaller, time consuming things… but alas, I am making progress! Here’s the latest in our home:

* Will’s sick. Kaaz went over the neighbor’s house for Christmas Eve & ended up being a carrier for a head cold. So far, I’ve managed to avoid getting sick, but he’s miserable… And I really don’t enjoy that! He had to go to work today and he’s on his way home now, eager to reacquaint himself with our bed!

* Christmas was good. We went to Rialto to celebrate with most of the immediate Martinez family (a small remnant went to Mexico instead). Will thought it was funny that we were all there this year. “After all the years I lived here and never had Christmas (or parties at all) here, now that someone else is living here, everyone's here.” It was fun. The kids made out, as usual. The adults did a mild exchange of gifts. I think it’s sad that the kids don’t have a clue that THIS is the best time of their lives (am I getting old?). When you become an adult, you receive sweaters & underwear (for the men out there, thank you very much!). Kind of a bummer, hey?

* We got some cool pieces of furniture: the rest of our bedroom set & a massage chair! OH-LA-LA! We bought the bed frame 2 years ago or so, but my friend wasn’t ready to part with the rest of the set. What’s hilarious is a couple of weeks ago, I had a dream about this furniture randomly and the next day I found out that he was ready to sell it! “Visions of sugar pl—“… I mean furniture! The massage chair was a total random purchase, and a bit expensive, but worth it! Will had been eyeing the massage chairs for a while, and trying to convince me that we should buy one and while it was a nice idea, I wasn’t so sure. Then we found one for a good price and thought, “Let’s do it!” Everyone is so happy! Want to come over for a while??

* Will’s latest series is The Practice. There are interesting episodes and not as stressful as 24. He was also watching StarGate for a while there. I’m not sure if he actually finished it, or if he decided to move on. I don’t think he was as impressed with it when they switched the cast around. And now that I have the time, we’ve both seen as far as we can on LOST. This is a dangerous addiction!

* My other projects include painting (still) and sewing. I’m actually not far from being done with the painting. Delightful! I’m rounding the last part of the house now, and really I just need to touch up 17 eves to complete the job. I can’t wait to finish! Once I’m actually done, I won’t know what to do with myself! I do want to paint inside in Pomona, and one day (yes, one day), I will!

Anyway, so what are your new year’s resolutions? I have some goals to drop a few pounds, to excel in Greek (did I mention that I got an A?), to finish Rialto painting & cleaning. This will keep me busy for a good part of the year…

How about you? What’s new out there?

Take care.

3 Comments:

  • Happy New Year! I posted about my hopes and goals--become a master knitter, lose weight (The American Dream), be more intentional about my spiritual life. Have Dan come home safely.

    By Blogger Willow, At 2:28 PM  

  • You finally posted again. Yay!! I look forward to the dog pictures appearing soon on your blog.

    Thanks for the round-up of the past month's activities. Everyone around me is posting goals for 2008, so I'm feeling the pressure to do the same. Your goals sound doable, although personally, I do not think you need to lose a pound! Just focus on your health (blood pressure, etc.).

    By Blogger Kiti, At 8:10 AM  

  • By the way, Will should stick with Stargate SG-1, if he is disenchanted with the disappearance of cast in the person of Daniel Jackson. SPOILER Daniel Jackson comes back! In the last season or so, there are several cast adjustments, though. It is no longer "classic" Stargate. However, many Sci Fi fans thought that if a cast change had to happen (which it did, because actor/producer Richard Dean Anderson wanted to get more behind the scenes and less in front of the camera), Claudia Black and Ben Browder were good choices to step in, based on their cult success in Farscape.

    By Blogger Kiti, At 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home