Now's the Time

Monday, January 28, 2008

WOW!!

So, I'm officially overwhelmed! So, my prof for Historical Theology e-mailed everyone to say that he has pneumonia, which I can have compassion on him for... but, he's canceling class and yet still quizzing us next Wednesday! YIKES!! And, he posted the syllabus on the internet... 330 pages! In addition to the three text books (which I was only able to pick up 2 of them this weekend). So anyway, yeah, so WOW!!



Another fun adventure happened tonight when I went out to start my car after work & it wouldn't start!! Since my car was stolen, a couple of very key features have been missing or not working properly. One is the lack of that annoying dinging your car is programmed to make when you leave your lights on after you've turned off the engine. So, while I've always marveled that people are actually able to evidently ignore that sound, I can actually appreciate the difficulties some may face. I guess when the thieves stole the stereo, they pulled too hard on the dash wires & dislodged this feature (the word "feature" is used lightly here). Another annoying disconnect is the absence of the dashboard light. While driving at night, you can't tell how fast you're driving or even how much gas you have in your car without another light source - and cell phones aren't bright enough! We've rigged a few different tactics over the years, but the best is just to have a small flash light handy & use it whenever the driver is curious. One fortunate dash feature which still works properly is the oil, engine & gas lights do come on to tell you when these things need servicing. So, I left the lights on all day! BUMMER!! A couple of very nice fellow employees came to the rescue, but ultimately it was the AAA man who was the real hero!



Speaking of heroes, I realized a couple of days ago, I didn't mention Will's favorite TV show of late - HEROES! I have seen enough episodes to know that curiosity is dangerous & this show can try my patience. They just flash between character & allude to an upcoming nuclear attack (what else could it be?!). Anyway, so he's put away 24 & StarGate (although your feedback Deb, did provide a ray of hope) for a while anyway. Also, the most recent season of LOST has arrived at the video store, but because we're on a special plan for renting, it's not available to us unless we want to pay extra. I'm pretty sure that once it's one of our options, Will will rent it & watch them without me (sniff, sniff!).



Anyway, just printing up the syllabus and keeping myself occupied. You can pray for my job too, if you care to. I'm making moves again and I won't be more specific until I have more to go on....



Thanks!

3 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger km, At 8:16 AM  

  • Hey hey! How about those pictures of your doggies, my lovely friend? =) Also, I FORBID you to work too hard. Give yourself time to rest!!

    Love you, and so proud of you!

    By Blogger Kiti, At 5:03 PM  

  • Thanks Deb for your exhortation! I am planning time into my day for sewing & hanging out with Will (as much as I can). So, there is balance, but yes, it's busy!

    I found my digital camera, and now with all the movement, discovered that I can't find the cable that connects my camera to my computer... So, I've been praying that I would find that sometime soon to take pictures & post them of the doggies. Sorry to keep you hanging!!

    I heard you had a baby shower yesterday! How exciting! Did you receive more wipies? =)

    By Blogger Life is a Marathon, At 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home