Now's the Time

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hello, my name is Buddy!


And, yes, I know I’m cute! =)

My nicknames are “The Escape Artist” & "The Big Dumby".

I’m currently a resident in this big room with lots of intriguing things to smell. Mommy and Daddy come down and visit me each morning and evening when they are coming from or going to work – or wherever it is they go.

One of my favorite games is to RUN really fast at this big door while it opens! I’m often seen squeezing myself out between the floor & the automatic garage door. My destination is always the same - the yard. Another fun aspect of this door opening is that usually mom or dad is on the other side! And if they aren’t, well, I love that too! Sometimes they sing a song while I run out –dun-da-dun-da- dun-da-dun-da-da (think Cowboy, only without the cow – or the boy!) – and they laugh. It so much fun to smell the grass and check out the “doggie news” for today!! Given the chance, my favorite trick is showing them how high I can jump! You should have seen the walls I have scaled! I used to walk along the ledge, like a cat (which also came in handy occasionally!). And I have always out run those humans (still working on keeping up with the cats. The trees seem to be their biggest defense… but I am willing to wait!). And please note: Leashes cramp my style!


Even though I like to explore, I also really like have a place of my own. I love snuggling into my bed where it’s warm!

I’m not much of a reader, but I do like listening to the neighborhood. As I mentioned before, I find Cats intriguing… or whenever certain people ride their bikes by, well, I just go wild! There are a few other sounds which I enjoy and these are the things which fill my day. I do enjoy long strolls, although not necessarily at the beach. The bushes will do just fine, thank you! Oh, and I’m not a fan of sirens! They hurt my ears.

I also love car rides! I’m a nervous back seat driver and love to help mommy or daddy out with the steering. I’ve tried to step on the pedals too, but I have a hard time navigating then.

I’m always up for a challenge! I love a good fight and size is not even a consideration before the battle! You can’t tell from this photo, but one of my best battle wounds is a once-dislodged front tooth. I like to show it to people whenever a new person comes to visit!

I’m also a cheerful giver. The more hair I can leave on my dad & mom, the better my day is! I also really enjoy my job as the greeter when mommy or daddy comes home! (Daddy dubbed me a “professional greeter”.) But, I am very cautious around strangers! I’ve been known to make children cry. It’s a funny thing. They aren’t invited guests and they are so surprised when I respond the way I do. I just want to protect my mommy & daddy. My big brother, who you will hear more about later, is sort of a push over (you can tell him I said that!) so this protection/safety thing is my responsibility!

Well, I suppose that’s enough about my life. Have an adventurous day! Do you want some hair? Do you have any food?! I’m not a picky eater….

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home